HONORABLE MENTION: LOTR: The Two Towers, 8 Mile, Equilibrium, S1m0ne, Bloodwork, Panic Room, Punch-Drunk Love, Minority Report, The Bourne Identity, Blue Crush, and Queen of the Damned.
Now, the starting lineup...
10. THE RING - This has to be one of the most scariest movies in a real long time, and was still scary when I saw it a second time.
9. GANGS OF NEW YORK - It's time to stop ripping Leo DiCaprio. Just stop, it's no longer funny. The man can act.
8. MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING - It played for 33+ weeks. That's simply astonishing giving that most movies disappear by the 5th week. It's a nice change of pace for the comedy genre.
7. RESIDENT EVIL - Go ahead, laugh. This movie rocked, no longer can we say that there hasn't been a good movie that's based on a video game.
6. FRAILTY - Welcome to directing, Bill Paxton! This film was downright creepy at times and the acting was always top notch.
5. WE WERE SOLDIERS - This is a great war epic, but that's not why it's up here, it's up here because it doesn't glamorize war. Finally, the truth about war! War is hell.
4. BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE - This is the most the influencial movie I have ever seen, kudos to Michael Moore for having the courage to make this film.
3. THE RULES OF ATTRACTION - What can I say, the movie had some bad-ass editing (props to Sharon Rutter), and really depicted college life well, well at least the colleges that Roger Avary heard of! Seriously, there isn't a dull moment in this flick.
2. CATCH ME IF YOU CAN - Spielberg can do anything he wants, and then add Tom Hanks and Leo DiCaprio into the equation. Mind boggling.
and the best film of the year goes to
1. ROAD TO PERDITION - See above remark about Tom Hanks.
now, for the worst, but I don't want to show it unless you really really really want to see it...
4. SPIDER-MAN - What can I say, I was bored.
3. CLOCKSTOPPERS - Johnathon Frakes should stick to Beyond Belief on FOX.
2. INSOMNIA - Why would Robin Williams want his name attached to this garbage? Al Pacino sucks.
and the worst of the year:
1. CHANGING LANES - Bad morals, bad morals, bad morals. I'm sorry, but there isn't a likeable character, hell, that doesn't matter, what matters is that it's a realistic movie, yet both main characters commit real crimes and they just go on with their merry little lives. Gee, so if I get in an accident, and I'm in a hurry, would I just drive away? Would I mess with somebody's credit record? Or if I'm the other guy, would I try to kill the other driver? No, I play by the rules. This movie fucking sucks. It's garbage.
Okay, so I had yet another amazing night this past Friday (6/17). So great in fact that I've been too fucking tired to tell you all abou...
Popular Posts of All Time
I CAN'T HEAR YOU BK BROILER! Carry on.
Whoa Nelly! It's quiet over here! Follow me on Twitter @bswellnow
Is it just me or does Patriots head coach Bill Belichick look like Mama Fratelli from The Goonies? It's just uncanny. And as m...
Once upon a time, Julia Roberts boarded a flight, a Southwest Airlines flight. Why was she boarding this flight, this Southwest Airlines fli...
This could quite possibily be Martin Scorcesse's masterpeice, and even tho that is very hard to realize given all the quality films he h...
Yes, I saw this ! I know, I wanted to see Million Dollar Baby , but I was outnumbered by four girls. I've heard people say bad things ab...
Just got back from seeing this. It's TONS better than Fellowship, but I don't feel like saying anything about it right now. I don...
I think this is the best Josh Hartnett movie ever. I was never really big on him, but he just has an amazing performance in this love trian...
Hmm, that's odd. I don't recall ever saying those three words before. But you should check out what Larry Flynt has to say about ho...